I am at my best when I have a plan.
I will try to prevent times when I overextend and try to jump in too quickly.
My life's journey is to be relentless in my pursuit of knowledge, contribution, and compassion.
Professionally I will make the time to
- Proactively plan, visualize, and inquire
- Be helpful and productive, a resource in more than just coding
- Inject humor and appreciation
- Leave things better than I found them
Personally I will make the time to
- Listen, to ensure that my family and friends know they are appreciated and loved
- Be a person who my family and friends are proud of, who would say "he's always quick to laugh and slow to judge"
- Stay organized and maintain/improve our home for me and my family
- Relax and read, remembering the P/PC balance
- Be self-starting and proactive, exercising initiative in achieving my life goals
- Act on situations and opportunities, rather than be acted upon
- Find opportunities to use my natural talents to leave things better than I found them
- Listen twice as often as I speak
- Strive to be present and prepared every day
I will not
- Forget that efficiency is for tasks and effectiveness is for people. I will not conflate them, and will give them both ample time.
- Lose myself in the unimportant
I will stop procrastinating and start working on
- Paying more attention to and forgiving my limitations
- Sharpening my skillset, completing training courses and getting certified
- Financial and Retirement planning, my money is my servant not my master
I will strive to incorporate the following attributes into my life
- Kindness and Humor
- Work ethic and Leadership
- Positive attitude and Wisdom
I will constantly renew myself by focusing on the four dimensions of my life, making time to
- Eat better, and meet my daily activity goals
- Periodically read, assess, and adjust based on this mission statement
- Read and learn, don't be afraid to take breaks
- Relax and connect with family and friends